- At the end of most of my posts, you'll see the word "comments". It will be preceded by a number - usually zero (sob). It will also be underlined. That, my dear Watsons, is a clue. You can click on that word to post a comment.
- You will be directed to a page that allows you to view the 0 (sob) comments posted already. Below the most recent post is a link (remember the underlining clue?) that reads "Post a Comment". Click on it. That's an order.
- A window will pop up. In it, you will notice a box. It will be empty. Click in the box and write your comment/ feedback/ requests/ hopes and dreams and whatnot.
- You do NOT need to have a blogger id in order to post a comment. You can choose "other" and type in your name or pseudonym. You can choose to remain "anonymous" if you prefer that I sit and wonder who wrote your comment and why you wouldn't want me to know that you wrote it (unless of course you have something nasty to say in which case I'd prefer that you keep your comments to yourself or get your own blog to vent).
- Do be sure to click on the button at the bottom that says "Publish Your Comment" so that your words don't get lost in cyberspace without ever having made it on to my blog. That would be a great shame.
Thursday, June 30, 2005
Help for the technically challenged
My family and friends are really great but their computer literacy...let's just say it's not their strong point. In light of this fact and since several of them have expressed frustration in this very arena, I have a few pointers about how to properly give feedback to a (specifically, my) blog. (Note to Ima: Please take your fingers out of your ears and stop singing the alphabet song on the top of your lungs. You can do this.)